Spend a Day at the Historic Prescott Square
Prescott, AZ, is a piece of Southwestern paradise. You’ll find old-fashioned saloons straight out of a Western movie, horseback rides through the desert, and unusual plants and wildlife. The downtown Prescott Courthouse Square, however, is the center of our historic cowboy culture. Prescott Resort is less than 10 minutes from Prescott Square, where you can eat at the best downtown Prescott restaurants and enjoy fun activities from sunrise to sunset. Here is an itinerary for spending the day in downtown Prescott.
Morning on the Prescott Square
- Eat breakfast at Lone Spur Cafe. It’s a Western-themed cafe with deliciously hearty meals, and it’s definitely one of the best downtown Prescott restaurants.
- Walk off your food coma with a stroll by the Yavapai County Courthouse. The landscaping is immaculate, and the old architecture is grand.
- Visit the Western Heritage Center to learn all about our town’s rich heritage as part of the Wild West.
Afternoon at the Prescott Courthouse Square
- Dine on pizza for lunch at Limoncello Pizzeria Napoletana.
- The Sharlot Hall Museum is a historic site and a fun downtown Prescott museum. Learn about life in Arizona before it became an official state.
- Explore the many different downtown Prescott shops, including Prescott Downtown Antiques and The Marketplace.
- Eat dinner at Icha Maajoh and get ready for a night out on the town.
Downtown Prescott After Dark
- Bar hop along the Prescott Square’s Whiskey Row, starting at The Palace, which was named the best salon in Arizona and one of the top 10 most historic bars in the United States.
- Return to your Prescott Resort room for a night of rest and breakfast with a view at Icha Maajoh.
Resorts in Prescott, AZ
Prescott Resort is one of the best resorts in Prescott, AZ, and it certainly offers the most scenic views. Stay in our beautiful guest suites, surrounded by mountain foothills, hiking trails, and wildlife viewing, then spend a day exploring history downtown. Contact us to book your stay!